BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CHELA
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

So new to this, so bear with me.  I just started a new job where we are using SAS 9.3 and I'm so used to using the FSV command to do a quick look thru at the data.  So I started working on this and figured, let me use the FSV and then I get the following error:  Module SASZFSVW not found in search paths.  Anybody know what this means?  Or am I just not able to use it with the SAS version that I have?

Any help will be great!  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sounds like you don't have the required module licensed, we have the same here.  The proc setinit; will tell you what you have installed, I don't know off the top of my head what module you need, but I have:

Base, Stat, Graph, IML, ACCESS licensed and I can't use fsview.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

, PROC SETINIT will NOT tell you the installed components, it tells you the ones that are licensed. In EG, you can right click the server to check the components installed, In Base, you will need PROC PRODUCT_STATUS. In the company I work for, IT made a mess, some licensed but not installed (which is fine as long as you don't need it), some installed but not licensed, so you still can't use it.

Regards,

Haikuo

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You can use VIEWTABLE (VT) instead of FSVIEW, it comes with Base SAS.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation