BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chirumalla
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have developed programs in SAS development here my library name like ABC.dataset  but in UAT library name is different like DBA.dataset now i'm manually using ctrl + H  and replacing lib name. is any other option/ functions available to find the code and replace the code if I write at starting in the program. pls help me.

1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

If your writing code to run on multiple instances/different parameters then it is probably best to setup your parameters at the beginning of a file (or in separate file) and then reference the macro parameter throughout your code.  Saves you have to cntrl+f replace each time.  For example:

%let MYLIBNAME = ABC;

data &mylibname..newdataset;

set &mylibname..olddataset...

Then when you release to UAT you only need to change the one row %let.

As for find / replace, I don't think there are any other tools within the editor itself which would help.  You could create a sas program to read in all the necessary sas files and doa datastep to replace the text with something else, but that sounds overcomplicated and takes time.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation