BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Could you please let me know the procedures to.export the users/groups in user manager from SAS Management Console 9.1 to 9.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Whilst there is no interactive export of users and groups into SAS Packages (.SPK) files with SAS 9.1.3 for you to import into SAS 9.3, you can still use the identity synchronization / user import macros that have been available since SAS 9.1.3 for this purpose. SAS 9.1.3 can serve as the identity source and SAS 9.3 as the target environment. There is a SAS Usage Note which describes this process and provides sample code for identity synchronization between SAS environments: 42251 - Partial Promotion of User and Group Metadata. More in-depth documentation of the feature is available in the SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Second Edition.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In SMC 9.1 you select the Folder view, select User Folders in the folder list, right click with your mouse and select Export SAS Package. There is more information on this process in SMC Help.

ShankarVellaichamy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks SASKiwi for your response.

In my package for SAS Manangement Console 9.1, I don't have the "Folder view" but I do have in SMC 9.3. I am not sure that "Folder view" feature is available in SAS Management Console 9.1. If SMC 9.1 have the feature of "Folder view", could you please let me know the procedure to make it displayble. I have tried with all the menu options in SMC 9.1 but no luck. Please find attached home page of my SMC 9.1

SMC 9.1.JPG
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm sorry but I have never used SMC 9.1.

After a little research I get the impression that users/groups cannot be promoted from 9.1.3 to 9.3:

SAS(R) 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Migration Guide

This reference says this:

Types of Objects That Can Be Promoted from 9.1.3 to SAS 9.3

In SAS 9.1.3, only the following types of objects can be exported: data explorations, deployed jobs, documents, external files, folders, generated transformations, information maps, jobs, jobs flows, libraries, mining results, notes, reports, stored processes, and tables. In SAS 9.2 and 9.3, a larger number of object types can be imported and exported.
Perhaps users who have done a 9.1.3 promotion to 9.3 can confirm this.
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Whilst there is no interactive export of users and groups into SAS Packages (.SPK) files with SAS 9.1.3 for you to import into SAS 9.3, you can still use the identity synchronization / user import macros that have been available since SAS 9.1.3 for this purpose. SAS 9.1.3 can serve as the identity source and SAS 9.3 as the target environment. There is a SAS Usage Note which describes this process and provides sample code for identity synchronization between SAS environments: 42251 - Partial Promotion of User and Group Metadata. More in-depth documentation of the feature is available in the SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Second Edition.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation