BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ndiritu
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I keep getting the error code "The submission terminated abnormally, You may need to reset your SAS session." Not sure what is causing this even when code is correct. If I keep trying, sometimes the set is created (as evidenced in work library) but no print-out appears. Could someone please guide me on how to circumvent this. It is really taking toll on productivity.

Thanks,

Sim

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Did you reset your SAS VM?

What code are you submitting?

Ndiritu
Calcite | Level 5

Any code that I put into the editor. When I hit the run icon, the system takes a while and then returns the error message. Sometimes it responds upon repeating "run" and other times it keeps giving the error. Apparently, if there is an error in coding, the system responds showing that in the log; so I am kind of confident that there is no error in coding. I keep resetting SAS but the error persists. This issue started happing a few days ago. I run a lot of codes before with no problems. Was thinking it could be some system's setting issue. Below is the error code:

The submission terminated abnormally.

You may need to reset your SAS session.
{}
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ndiritu, There is no reason to be confident there is no error in the coding. I have noticed that some code errors can cause I obviously hanging system without error logs.

The scenario was put data in SASuser (no records) and replace that with records. The first run did give a coding error but no data-security error. The second run did crash the system and not any code would run anymore.  A restart of the VM and verifying the machine was ok before proceeding showed this.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation