Error when trying to send emails...help!!

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error when trying to send emails...help!!

I keep getting a error in my log when trying to send emails via smtp through my godaddy email.  The caveat is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, even without changing a single thing.  The error I get when it doesn't work is this: Error:  501 authentication failed.

Here are the options I have set up:  emailsys=smtp emailhost=smtpout.secureserver.net emailport=25 emailauthprotocol=login emailid="xxxx@xxxxx.com" emailpw=xxxxxxxx;

I know the emailid and emailpw are correct.  Has anyone else come across inconsistencies when trying to send an email out through SMTP??

Please forgive me if I'm being vague, it's just been really frustrating trying to make this work on a consistent basis. Any help is much appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-09-2012 03:14 PM
New Contributor

Re: Error when trying to send emails...help!!

Found the problem and fixed it.

For whatever reason godaddy has issues with their servers. Their servers are load balancing, so I was being redirected to servers that probably had different configurations, which explains the reason why my program didn't always authenticate.  I checked the log when my program worked and it showed the specific server that allowed my authentication to be verified (p3plsmtpa06-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net).  All I did was specify this exact server name instead of smtp.secureserver.net and it worked like a charm.

Still worries me if that specific server goes down, oh well.  Now all I have to do is get godaddy to fix their servers :smileygrin:. Should be fun.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-09-2012 03:14 PM
New Contributor

Re: Error when trying to send emails...help!!

Found the problem and fixed it.

For whatever reason godaddy has issues with their servers. Their servers are load balancing, so I was being redirected to servers that probably had different configurations, which explains the reason why my program didn't always authenticate.  I checked the log when my program worked and it showed the specific server that allowed my authentication to be verified (p3plsmtpa06-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net).  All I did was specify this exact server name instead of smtp.secureserver.net and it worked like a charm.

Still worries me if that specific server goes down, oh well.  Now all I have to do is get godaddy to fix their servers :smileygrin:. Should be fun.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation