Error when appending tables :There were 298 data sets created, however only the first 50 data sets were added to the project.

Contributor

Error when appending tables :There were 298 data sets created, however only the first 50 data sets were added to the project.

when i am trying to append tables i get the following error :

There were 298 data sets created, however only the first 50 data sets were added to the project.

Will this drop the datasets not reflecting ? how can i avoide this.

the code im currenlty using is attached.

Regards

Allistair

Attachment
Super Contributor

Re: Error when appending tables :There were 298 data sets created, however only the first 50 data sets were added to the project.

Posted in reply to Allistair

Sounds like this is confusing the existence of datasets on the disk versus however many SAS EG caps out in the data view window. I'll try to take a further look but I'm no EG expert. However, for so long as everything is hard coded and you don't use the EG project interface to create a process using all of the datasets, it should not cause any issue.

Super Contributor

Re: Error when appending tables :There were 298 data sets created, however only the first 50 data sets were added to the project.

Posted in reply to Vince28_Statcan

If it worries you, you can go to

tools->options->results general->set Maximum Number of Output Data Sets to add to the project

To 300. However, be aware, this will significantly hinder processing time of your project. I have mine set to 0 because of a giant proc model program I had helped someone with on these forums. I get the warning whenever I produce a DS but unless I need to look directly at the data after each run, I save the time EG spends opening the DSs in the output windows each run.

Super Contributor

Posted in reply to Vince28_Statcan

For what it's worth -

%macro lala();
%do i=1 %to 500;
  data ds&i.;
   x=&i.;
  run;
%end;
%mend;

%lala();

%macro lala2();
  data test;
   set %do i=1 %to 500; ds&i. %end; ;
  run;
%mend;

%lala2();

Produces the appropriate dataset TEST with 500 obs in work. It is just not opened in the output window (none are in my case since I set the parameter mentionned in previous reply to 0 - you would/should get DS1-DS50 opened only)

Super Contributor

Posted in reply to Allistair

Have you tried set the data on i = 1 and using proc append for the i > 1 ?

Of course this assumes you are getting the right counts and file displaying in your log.

EJ

Super Contributor

Sorry totally misread the request since it was in the EG forum. The datasets should be created and you can through the library explorer but Im with  Vince28@Statcan if you tried have EG open or add all the datasets Im not sure how useful or usable it would be from either from the time or clutter it would take.

EJ

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation