BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TheJoker
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am unable to open a dataset (.sas7bdat) file that was uploaded into SAS Studio. Get the error message "file_temp1kgb.data does not exist". My objective is to use the dataset in SAS Enterprise Miner On Demand edition.

Please guide.

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS/UE or a "real" SAS installation? Local or client/server?

How did you transfer the .sas7bdat to the SAS environment?

Where (physical path) did you put it?

From which library did you try to read the dataset, and how is the libname statement for that library written?

Which piece of code or which action in SAS Studio that tried to access the dataset failed (show the log, if possible)?

TheJoker
Calcite | Level 5

am using SAS on Demand edition.PFA datasetError message.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It seems to me that there may be something wrong with your LIBNAME statement, but since you did not show your LIBNAME for the File_TEMP3 library, it is hard to comment. If you right click on the my_content folder in the folder tree and select Properties, si the location shown there the same location as what you coded in your LIBNAME statement? That is where I would start looking.

cynthia

TheJoker
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

I did not write any code. I am trying to upload the dataset into SAS Studio to use in Enterprise Miner on demand edition.

The dataset was taken from Chap 3. Link:  http://support.sas.com/publishing/bbu/zip/66220.zip

Regards,

moonshine13
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I have the same problem, I upload sas files into SAS STUDIO, then I creat library. In the library I can see names of datasets that were uploaded. But when I try to open it the error message occurs: The dataset LIBRARY.DATASET.DATA does not exist.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

cda26
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue. i uploaded 2 datasets in SAS studio this morning to be used in SAS enterprise miner on demand. One opens correctly and display the data even without any libname statement, however, the other doesn't show but but display that "file_temp2.credit.data does not exit". This data comes from the practice exams for predictive modeling using Sas Entrepresise miner. Due to this im unable to access the data in SAS e miner even when i create a libname in SAS e miner. I would be glad if you can assist me to solve this since i need to practice this test for my SAS predictive modeling test in February.

i have also attached a screen shot of my error.

Thank you

Collins

Capture.PNG
naveen_tiruvenga
Fluorite | Level 6

I see that several peers have had the same problem as me. I am trying to work on the "SAS OnDemand for Academics" and uploaded a rather big SAS data file (*.sas7bdat). Despite assigning the library name and everything, I am unable to access the data file, though it got uploaded just fine. The same error message as noted by those above is thrown everytime I try accessing this datafile. The *.sas7bdat file work just fine on SAS UE however. Any help would be appreciated. And yes, I am quite a noob in regards to programming and so may not understand what right now seems to be jargon.

PolyMath

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation