BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi, i'm a fraud consultant and need a way to correct this error:

ERROR: Libname ODBC is not assigned.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

This is the libname i use:

Libname ODBC Properties="DSN=SQL_NANNY;Description=SQL;UID=xxxx;DATABASE=Fraud;Trusted_Connection=Yes";

These are the products i 'm licensed:

---Base Product                                                            30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS/STAT                                                               30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS/GRAPH                                                            30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS/CONNECT                                                        30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS Enterprise Miner                                                30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS Integration Technologies                                    30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---Enterprise Miner Server                                             30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---Enterprise Miner Thin Client                                       30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE                          30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files                           30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC                              30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata                          30OCT2015 (CPU A)

---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access                  30OCT2015 (CPU A)

An additional:

When i connect via ODBC by hand, Open > ODBC and declare a new datasrc, it works, but if i try to load a dataset larger than 10.000 rows it can't be loaded. The example is in the attachment.

Another, sometimes i use another type of libname and gets an error that my data source it is not recognized.

odbc.png

I've tried to use the same connection of then ODBC by hand but do not work.

Sometimes this error appear when i use the other type of libname connection:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

What shall i do ?

Tks,

Dartibali Rodrigo

13 REPLIES 13
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Check the documentation.

SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.4 for Relational Databases: Reference, Sixth Edition

You need to include a "libref" in between "LIBNAME" and "ODBC".

Questions like this would be better posted to the "SAS Macro Language and DATA Step" forum.

DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes i Know, but i just removed the name from here. The point is it can't recognize the data source and i've declared it in my ODBC in windows either.

Tks,

Dartibali Rodrigo

Reeza
Super User

If you've set it up in your computers DSN and it works something like the following should work:

Libname test ODBC dsn=sqlnanny schema=dbo;

data want;

set test.tb_fews_action;

run;

It May be case sensitve

DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I ran this one and get this error:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver

specified

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You need to talk to your local SAS admin.  You have shown error messages from both Windows and Unix; SAS uses very different approaches to ODBC on the different platforms.

Reeza
Super User

I'm assuming you fixed the spelling/case?

Try the instructions here - specifically testing it first. Otherwise, you will need to talk to your server administrator.

DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes, i think this is it. Because, we here use SAS EG in a machine placed in USA.

This machine only has access to SAS, and nothing else.

Maybe it's because the ODBC it is not set up in this machine on windows.

Tks,

Dartibali Rodrigo

DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you guys anyway.

Tks

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I remember : https://communities.sas.com/message/205459 you can specify all in the connection string  (saskiwi)

---->-- ja karman --<-----
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes, i ran this and get this error:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection:

DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I ran this and got the same error before:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Unix][ODBC Driver Manager]

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Ksharp
Super User

The Error said data source is not specified.

You need set up a connection(i.e. Data Source Name) in ODBC.ini file if your SAS Server OS is Linux or Unix .

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

DartibaliRodrigo You are connecting to a machine in USA for EGuide. That is not your desktop that is a different (virtual machine desktop).

Do not expect your local desktop is the same one as that virtual one.   What you do on your desktop with ODBC is not available on any other including that remote one.
Obviously you tried something on that remote remote desktop op and than run into that first cli error. You maybe have coded a libname statement and run that on the server Eguide is connecting to getting that CLI Unix error message. There is you third machine to be aware of. The sas processes run on that Unix server not on your desktop and not on the same machine where EGuide is sitting.
As you are needing the ODBC connection in your libname (SQL server?) you could specify all  options for that sas process on that Unix server.  That construction is of isolated machines is most likely done for preventing actions like placing the data by users. In that case you have to ask why and who made up those limitations.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation