Error dialog box

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error dialog box

I'm studying in MBA at NIDA in Thailand and got a student license from my instructor.

I downloaded SAS® OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise MinerTM as Java, and followed the configuration on this page => support.sas.com

But it showed the following error dialog box when I did log on with my registered account.

My PC is run on Windows 7 64bit and has Java JRE installed.

6-8-2556 22-16-32.jpg

Could you help me to get rid of this problem, please?  I need to have it installed by my next class coming on this Saturday.

Thanks very much in advance for your help/advise.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-07-2013 06:25 PM
Super User

Re: Error dialog box

Posted in reply to Supsoontorn

Actually, I am really a Kiwi who can speak some Thai...Smiley Wink

We have had problems with different Java versions at our site causing some SAS components not to work. We do know, as SAS says, that Java 1.6.24 works, but some later versions do not. If you are after a quick fix I suggest you install 1.6.24 and see if that works.

Here's hoping,

SASKiwi

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

Wich SAS environment (name server etc) did your teacher supply?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
New Contributor

Thanks to Jaap Karman.

I have no idea about SAS environment, even name server. I just did log in the SAS website, picked up the license, and downloaded the program on the website. Smiley Sad  My teacher said in the last class that it is run on the online server provided by SAS.

I don't really understand why I cannot access the program. A classmate of mine found the error box as same as I found, but a few minutes later he can have accessed. Then, my teacher told me to wait for a while and tried to access at home. Since the last Saturday, I haven't yet accesses the SAS once.

Is it possible that the error is caused by some wrong setting up on my computer?

Super User

Sawatdee krap Khun Supsoontorn,

Have you confirmed that a supported version of Java has installed correctly on your PC as described in the link above? It should be at least 1.6.24. You could also compare your PCs Java version with the version on your classmate's PC. Try logging on, on your classmate's PC - does it work OK?

Chokdee Na...

SASKiwi 

New Contributor

Oh.. Surprise!  SASKiwi, can you speak Thai? or you may be Thai guy. right? :smileygrin:

Anyway, thanks for your advise. The version of Java installed on my PC is 1.7.something. So, it should have worked. shoudn't it?

I will follow your advise but I can do it on this Saturday(my next class).

I don't really know how I can do before. :smileycry:

Thanks again... ^^

Solution
‎08-07-2013 06:25 PM
Super User

Actually, I am really a Kiwi who can speak some Thai...Smiley Wink

We have had problems with different Java versions at our site causing some SAS components not to work. We do know, as SAS says, that Java 1.6.24 works, but some later versions do not. If you are after a quick fix I suggest you install 1.6.24 and see if that works.

Here's hoping,

SASKiwi

Trusted Advisor

A lot is described at: http://support.sas.com/ondemand/manuals/StudentManual.pdf

A little bit asthonishing is the .Net1.1 with Eguide remarks (Old outdated version as stated by MS)

page 22 are the Java version notes. SASkiwi is correct to point at java versions. 

With WPF-swing (also MS component there is some trouble with Java 1.7 - Oracle  7147075).

page 26 is mentioning the instrcutions to login....  Details to be deliverd by .. the instructor

And this document is US based not Thai based

---->-- ja karman --<-----
New Contributor

Thanks very much to you both for your correct and helpful advises. Smiley Happy

As per SASKiwi's last advise, I have uninstalled my Java version 17 and have installed the version of 1.6.24 (jre-6u24-windows-i586.exe) downloaded from this page -> Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 6

And it's working now as shown here.

Moreover, the student manual given by Jaap is very helpful to me for the solution and further issues.

Thanks very much again to you both. Hope this will be useful to others as well as to my classmates.

Have a nice day!

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation