Error While running SAS job on Unix

Contributor

Error While running SAS job on Unix

Hi All,

Please provide me solution for below error

ERROR: File WORK.'SASTMP-000000107'n.INDEX is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.

ERROR: :Unable to insert into temporary index while processing summary functions.

ERROR: Freeing Memory Not Allocated  Pool [1102008a0] Value [11117d500] WM Reb Pool:HOST    .

Traceback for Thread [11022e4a0] WM Reb Pool:HOST    

kmMemRelease+0x178

vmfree_tkm@AF14_6+0x1c

vmfree_handler+0x14

hc_disk_close+0xe8

wcclose+0x1110

wcclose+0x38 -- bridge

stub

yzbclos+0x424

yzbclos+0x38 -- bridge stub

yziosxf+0x528

yziosxf+0x38 -- bridge stub

yciopen+0x104

xciopen+0x38 -- bridge

stub

open_index+0xd8

add_to_index+0x128

and it's creating a file in code location tk.reportlog.5767190

Let me know solution for it.

Respected Advisor

Re: Error While running SAS job on Unix

In the past almost always when I've got a "file damaged" error it was about running out of disk space. So that's what I would check first (work disk area).

Is the error you're getting here something repeatable or is it a one off? Did the same code run in the past? Did something change in the environment? Are other jobs in this environment running without errors?....

Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. this error is occuring for a particular table while it good for other table.Number of  variable is less than the previous table but still is occuring.

one more interesting thing this code is fine through SAS EG but failing while running on unix.

I have run the same code in different time. It's failed for particular table.

Respected Advisor

SAS EG is the client which sends code to a server for execution. Are you connecting to the same server with EG than where you run the failing code from in SAS batch? Is this a Grid environment?

How does your batch command line look like? Are you using sas.sh? Are you just batch submitting from a command prompt or are you using a scheduler like LSF?

In the log you've posted: Is this the very first line of error message in the log? Is there anywhere earlier a "disk is full" message?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation