BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MattMal
SAS Moderator
Hello User Group Executives;

I'd like to propose that Enterprise Guide be a standard 'lead-off' presentation for all future user group meetings. I think that EG presents us with a technology that helps new users get up to speed quickly on what SAS can do, and helps experienced users with another tool at their disposal. With the growth in EG usage everywhere, I think it makes sense to build it in as a regular feature for the first half of user group/customer forum meetings. Also, newer users can count on coming out for the first half of user group meetings without being blown away. Hopefully, over time, they'll feel comfortable staying for the whole meeting as their experience and comfort level grows. Of course, coding/programming presentations would also be offered: but this gives a well-rounded approach to serving both coders and 'point and click' SAS users alike. Your thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm happy to do a show and tell on Enterprise Guide on a regular basis. Perhaps we can come up with a few ideas so that each one can cover the basics yet present some features/functionality that has not been discussed.
MattMal
SAS Moderator
Thanks for your feedback, Cheryl; that would be a great feature to add to meetings moving forward! How would you feel about doing something small for the upcoming Victoria meeting in early October? Peter, Mike and I are currently working on the agenda and we're looking for a few shorter presentations...
EG would be a great compliment to some base SAS and statistics presentations already on the agenda... what do you think?
deleted_user
Not applicable
At our SAUVe executive meeting today, we decided that I would give a 30min talk tentatively titled “Enterprise Guide for Dummies” where I will show people how to:
• Create new project
• Select a data source
• Perform a basic regression
• Plot the output
• Save the project

We discussed the idea of selecting a different “project” that I can demonstrate each time that shows people how they can do various things in EG, such that I can cover the basics and yet keep it different and interesting.
deleted_user
Not applicable
OASUS has too many SAS coders to push EG hard. We hear about it on our evals. We are working on both sides with "TIPS & TRICKS" for coders and "POINT & CLICK" for non-coders presentations at each meeting. "P&C" is not always EG but it is always code free.

We also have SAS OPUS that we don't want to step on their toes to often.
barheat
Fluorite | Level 6
GHSUG exceutive liked the concept. We will be starting our meetings with The EG Turotial Series. It will be a 20-30 minute demonstration covering the various topics. The first session will cover the introduction a local EG support person goes through when setting up a new user. The challenge will be to involve people other than the executive over time.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Perhaps we can put together a list of EG topics (coding and non-coding) that the user groups can use. We can gather up the material in a repository and someone can present each topic locally. I have a bunch of short EG topics to get started.

Rup
MattMal
SAS Moderator
That would be great, Rup: once you have time, of course! I'd like to try and plan out a series of EG-based mini-talks/workshops, especially at TASS which has now focused some attention very directly on EG.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation