Email notifications not working

Super User

I'm not getting any email notifications for when discussions are updated..I changed the setting to at least once a day, guess it had defaulted to once a week but nothing seems to come through anyways :smileycry:

SAS Employee

Several people have reported this problem, and we are looking into it.  It would help a lot if others could post their experiences here. Have you gotten email from the communities site?  We'd like to hear from you.

Super Contributor

Hi.

I do get emails from the community site, specifically replies to my posts.

Regards

Barry

SAS Employee

This problem has been hard for me to track down.  Yesterday, when I logged in with this account, I set a watch on the Procedures forum and set my notification to Every day.  Since then, my inbox has filled with posts and responses to that forum.  (I love how much participation is going on in that space!) Like you, I also watch posts that I make, which is how I knew when you responded here.

My Email Notification Preferences are set like the following:
watchsettings.jpg

We'll keep looking into it.  If anyone has additional experiences to add, it would be great to hear them.

Thanks for your patience.

-Renee

Contributor

I'm not getting any emails either.

Jim

Respected Advisor

Could you also look into this thread?

http://communities.sas.com/message/113890#113890

Super User
Super User

Re: Email notifications not working

I am receiving emails when there is a reply to my posts.  I have the default email notifications settings, but I do NOT get summaries on Thursdays.  But do not know what the summaries are or what would trigger a summary email.

Super Contributor

Hi,

I am not getting the emails either. My setting are like this -

When I preview the profile for different groups of people, I am not seeing that either.

support.sas.com email settings.gif

Thanks,
saspert

SAS Employee

Hi saspert.

Thank you for all of the detail.   It will help track down the problem.

We have recently solved the problem with email sent immediately, and hope to solve the problem with the batch email as well.  I will update the discussion with more information later in the week.

-Renee

Super Contributor

Hi Renee,

Just wondering if any changes were done? I changed the email frequency to daily but still dont get any emails. :smileycry:

Thanks,

saspert

SAS Employee

@saspert,

I'm sad to hear that your email notifications still aren't working.  However, I can fix them with the 'big hammer' approach.  If it is OK with you, I will delete your current notification settings and you can reset them.  So far, this has worked for everyone who is hung in the email loop.  Let me know if you would like for me to do that.

-Renee

PROC Star

Renee,

Please do the same for my settings as well.  I turned off all settings since I've never gotten them to work.

Thanks,

Art

SAS Employee

Art.  I deleted all of your notifications.  They should work now when you set them. Please give me an update.

-renee

Trusted Advisor

Ditto mine.  I had turned on the e-mail earlier in the week and set it to every day, but haven't seen anything.

(Using Firefox 5.0, XP-32 SP3).

BTW, it would be nice to have an addtional timing choice of "As Posted" rather than have them sent out all at once or as a digest.

Thanks,

Doc

Contributor

1. I am currently receiving emails 'as posted'.  Don't recall doing anything special for that to happen.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 like
  • 13 in conversation