BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

So, previous to the upgrade I received no email notifications whatsoever regardless of my settings.

Now I'm receiving every single email regardless of my settings. I'm getting emails for topics I haven't touched or looked at, even notifications as people post new discussions. I've gone into the orange arrow beside my name and set all emails to NO.

Aside from just blocking all emails from SAS through my email account, is there something I'm missing?

I really can't handle 100 emails from this site daily....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
reneeharper
SAS Employee

Your new settings should turn off all of the summary emails that you are getting.  Unfortunately, if you have set Receive email notifications on any community, discussion or person, those emails will continue.  The idea being that if you select Recieve email  notifications, you really mean it.

Let me clear your settings.  Please let me know if your new settings improve the problem for you.  I think there are a couple of other settings that we can tweak and I am investigating them with the vendor.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
reneeharper
SAS Employee

Your new settings should turn off all of the summary emails that you are getting.  Unfortunately, if you have set Receive email notifications on any community, discussion or person, those emails will continue.  The idea being that if you select Recieve email  notifications, you really mean it.

Let me clear your settings.  Please let me know if your new settings improve the problem for you.  I think there are a couple of other settings that we can tweak and I am investigating them with the vendor.

Community_Help
SAS Employee

If you are a long-time user of the forums and communities, you may be recieving more email than you would like.  We are working on this problem.  In the meantime,

If you haven't set your preferences yet, do the following:

1.       Log in to communities.sas.com

2.       Select Preferences from the drop list next to your name.

3.       Set the preferences to look like the following:

preferences-email.jpg

Denis
Calcite | Level 5

i have the same problem!

email overloaded.

preferences were set as recommended, still receiving notifications.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

Have you checked to be sure that you don't have the Receive Email Notification option selected?  If you have set your email preferences to no for everything and are still getting email, somewhere in the past, you probably requested email notification.  The system believes that if you ask for email notification, you mean "give it to me instantly, dang it!".  The only way to clear this is to find the selections and select Stop Email Notifications.

This setting can be on a forum or on a post.  The easiest way to find them is to follow the link from the email to the post.  If you do not see Stop Email Notifications on the post, go up to the forum and check in the actions box for Stop Email Notifications.  Whenever you see this option, select it.   Your email will stop.

Let me know if this helps.

Denis
Calcite | Level 5

I’ve already set "no/never/off" everywhere in my General Preferences, as Communities Admin recommends.

Still receiving every email!

reneeharper
SAS Employee

@Denis. Have you followed the links in the emails to ensure that Stop Email Notifications is not showing.  When you request email this way the preferences settings don't stop those emails.

Denis
Calcite | Level 5

It works, notification stoped.

Thank you!

Swati__
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am still having this issue with my profile. Overload of emails for the ones I have not touched. Any other way of handling this problem?

reneeharper
SAS Employee

Swati!,

If you are still having problems, send a note to wwwsupport@sas.com and we'll work directly with you to help you locate and correct the issue.

-Renee

Reeza
Super User

Thanks Renee,

I think that at some point in the old system I probably clicked receive email notifications in a bunch of places to see if it work and those could be coming back to haunt me now.

I just don't know where it would be for some of them to even start and try and turn them off!

Some seemed to stopped since I changed the settings, may have taken some time for the new settings to be implemented, other still coming through.

I'll let you know if they stop completely.

Reeza
Super User

All have stopped now Smiley Happy

Thanks, I'll try setting them now to what I'd like and go from there.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation