ERROR: Library ORION does not exist.

New Contributor

ERROR: Library ORION does not exist.

Hi,

Trying to learn to use SAS programming essentials via University Edition and virtual box. When trying to set-up the Orion library, I get this message " ERROR: Library ORION does not exist.". Can someone tell me what I should do?

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Re: ERROR: Library ORION does not exist.

I am not familiar with essentials but that error message usually mean you are trying to read a folder that is not available. 

Do you see a statement similar to the one following?  Look at the part that references a folder location ("c:\users\katiadr\sas") and make sure that folder is on your machine.  If not then edit the code to a folder that is on your machine.  When you run this statement - it will create an alias (orion) that you can use to access files in that folder without typing out the folder name.

libname orion "c:\users\katiadr\sas";

Julie

Super User

And with the UE you will have to find the data sets and place them in a location subordinate to the myfolders location to assign a library that UE can find.

New Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I was disconnected from the server when trying to set-up the library, so it couldn't find it. Once reconnected the code worked.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation