ERROR In RSUBMIT

Contributor

ERROR In RSUBMIT

Please find the attached code and error im getting while running the syntax for rsubmit execution.

recently we changed the SAS version from SAS 90.2 to SAS 9.3. earlier it worked properly in SAS 9.2 but i'm facing problem in with the using of SAS 9.3

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Regards

Shiva

Please give High priority!!!

Attachment
Attachment
Valued Guide

Re: ERROR In RSUBMIT

You are getting an error on connecting to the mainframe.

As you are having a new application been installed sas 9.3. Is that functionality been verified tested by those guys rolling out that new one? You have to complain to them.

For the short you are using a own build rlink file, that is coming from the ancient time, first releases of sas v6 supporting connect, not very advisable still being used.

The error message is telling something at the DNS is missing as the name mother is unknown. It could be that it should be a SAS macrovar containing the iP-adress and port number of the mainframe sas spawner. Telnet tn3270 is outdated and getting blocked for security reasons.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Contributor

yes i connecting to the mainframe,

may i know what is the permanent solution for this.

thanks

Shiva

Valued Guide

The permanent solution is getting a platform admin that will solve your challenges like this.

In the meantime check which approach you are using. The telnet approach could be gone into defunct where the spawner is still able to get to runnable.

Super User

Looks like you are missing a %let mother= statement where the DNS name or IP address of your SAS host (mainframe) is defined.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Valued Guide

You are right Kurt that is the part of DNS that sas macro variable.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation