BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mohassan99
Obsidian | Level 7

The error I am getting:

Error:

ERROR: Expecting page 536217, got page -1 instead.

ERROR: Page validation error while reading BKPREV.RX_DETAIL.DATA.

ERROR: File BKPREV.RX_DETAIL.DATA is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.

I don't think the file is damaged.

• Proc contents worked on the datasets.
  • Procedures were able to pull some variables, but not others.
  • I don't think I got this error when I created the file then compared it to the previous month.

Now I am tying to compare this month's output to the previous months and its telling me the previous months file is corrupted?

I found this at support.sas.com: http://support.sas.com/kb/32/419.html
This seems to apply to Z/OS, right? (Had bad ratings anyway and provided broken links.)

My file is on a Windows OS Server.

Could I be receiving this error because the file is 40GB?

Not sure I understand the code and it's probably IP, technically. So I cant do that.

Please feel free to let me know what information I can provide you to help you help me.

The data is confidential, HIPAA, protected and the code is IP so I'm not sure I can provide "code and example data".  I'm not sure if it would help. If so I might be able to de-identify a couple lines or provide the proc contents results, etc.

I'm using SAS EG 7.15

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The dataset is damaged.

proc contents works because it only reads the header.

Rerun the process that creates the dataset, and study the log from that. If the problem appears a second time, and the log does not give you a clue (like a "file is full and damaged" while you create the dataset), contact SAS technical support. They operate under strict confidentiality rules.

A thorough look at the Windows system log could reveal a storage problem (eg an incompletely written mirror in a RAID1)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

As much as I remember the error 

ERROR: Expecting page 536217, got page -1 instead.

means that you are trying to read after getting end of file.

Can you post your code ?

Reeza
Super User

If you can't share any further information, your best bet is to contact SAS tech support. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The dataset is damaged.

proc contents works because it only reads the header.

Rerun the process that creates the dataset, and study the log from that. If the problem appears a second time, and the log does not give you a clue (like a "file is full and damaged" while you create the dataset), contact SAS technical support. They operate under strict confidentiality rules.

A thorough look at the Windows system log could reveal a storage problem (eg an incompletely written mirror in a RAID1)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation