ERROR: Engine allows only sequential access while running Proc NLMIXED in HADOOP

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

ERROR: Engine allows only sequential access while running Proc NLMIXED in HADOOP

Hi All, 

I am attempting to run PROC NLMIXED in a HADOOP environment, and it keeps throwing up the error: 

ERROR: FILE SARV.FUD.DATA is sequential. This task requires reading observations in a random order, but the engine allows only sequential access.

I don't think it's a coding issue because my program worked fine when I was trying it on a local machine. The issue only seems to have arrived when I shifted to the HADOOP server. 

Any thoughts one why things might have changed and what a potential solution might be? 

Thanks so much. 

Mike

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-17-2017 09:34 AM
Occasional Contributor

Re: ERROR: Engine allows only sequential access while running Proc NLMIXED in HADOOP

Posted in reply to righcoastmike

HI All 

Managed o figure this one out with a pretty simple solution, sorting the data before running proc nlmixed seems to have resolved the issue. 

Hope that helps folks moving forward. 

Mike 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-17-2017 09:34 AM
Occasional Contributor

Re: ERROR: Engine allows only sequential access while running Proc NLMIXED in HADOOP

HI All 

Managed o figure this one out with a pretty simple solution, sorting the data before running proc nlmixed seems to have resolved the issue. 

Hope that helps folks moving forward. 

Mike 

SAS Super FREQ

Are you using PROC SORT and a BY statement? If so, read p. 5-6 of the paper by Mike Rhoads (2014)

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation