Do Loop and Iterative Process

New Contributor

Do Loop and Iterative Process

Greetings !

My Entry Level Quest(ion) is finding an iterative process for autoregressive forecasts.

Objectice: Create 155 customer forecasts and see estimates and p values of invovled variables

What I've done: I have created an autoregressive forecast for a customer, normalized its  history and pulled out the pvalue and estimates for the variables.

Help I need doing: I want to do this for 155 customers  (i.e CustomerID= 138,158, 37....)  and create a table for the variable estimates  and table for pvalues.

Attached: Is the SAS code (SASDOLOOP) and Excel Input File(Autoregression). In the Excel file I have in the last two tabs EstimateOutPut and Pvalue Output the desired format of the output results.

Attachment
Super User

Re: Do Loop and Iterative Process

Without reading your code or getting into the data, generally if you want to repeat a process for a specified set of groups you can use BY Group processing. Basically, stack your data together so you have a variable that identifies each customer, with everything else the same as it was before and then add a by line into your proc.

proc whateever;

BY Customer;

rest of the code is the same;

run;

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. If you are able to see my code, how  is that I can stack them according to Customer? Also can anyone tell me how to build a table specified above.

Super User

Is your HDD_30_158 where 158 is your customer ID?

If so you'll need to transform the data so that is instead, but you have a lot of data and a bit of code and I don't have enough time to look into it further Smiley Sad

CUSTOMER HDD_30

New Contributor

Excel File Down Here

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation