[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Frequent Contributor

[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Hi,

My requirement is connect the MSSQL database through ODBC. So we have purchased a SAS ACCESS to ODBC license and its expired on 2016. SAS is installed in HP Unix server and version is 9.2.
We have installed the ODBC drivers in the SAS server and in the odbc.ini file, I have created a dsn.  I logged in through putty and given dfdbview command , its listed all the dsn in the server and I have selected the dsn which I have created and gave the credentials.Its working fine and I can able the select the tables in the MSSQL databse.
Then, In the SAS Management console, I have created a separate server and a ODBC library &  given the same dsn name while creating the library.But I am getting the error as below
"[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified  "

Looking forward for your response.Thanks in advance.

Super User

Re: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Does the server SAS installed on have the data source descriptor or your local machine? The SAS install needs to see the connections and cannot use one if defined from a client {at least not with extra work}.

Frequent Contributor

Re: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Hi,

Yes the data source descriptor resides in the SAS server not in my local machine.I have created the datasource name in odbc.ini file which resides in the SAS server. From my local machine, through putty I am log in to the SAS server and then given dfdbview command.

Super User

Have you tried a LIBNAME statement? It is easier to test this first before setting it up in metadata. It should be tested in a SAS server SAS session.

libname mydblib odbc user=myusr1 password=mypwd1 datasrc=mydatasource;

For more details: SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.4 for Relational Databases: Reference, Seventh Edition

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I have tested the libname statement in SAS server and I am getting the same error.

For the testing the library, any how we have to create a library in the SMC that will create in the metadata.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation