DI: change existing table

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

DI: change existing table

Good day for all!

I have problem with Data Integration studio.

I have a job. The result of the job is a table called RESULT_TABLE. While the job is running there are many 'select' and 'join' queries. Before result there is a 'append' step.

Now I'm trying to add a new variable in all this stuff. And all work well until the RESULT_TABLE.

I add a new column in the interface in properties. Since this moment the RESULT_TABLE can't be open.

Error text:

"An error occured while fetching data for RESULT_TABLE. Details of the error are mentioned in the details section. Do you want to ignore registred metadata and retry querying the table?

Details:

Unable to execute query: SQL passthru expression contained these errors: ERROR: Column SG_notrzd_serv_id could not be found in the table/view identified with the correlation name RESULT_TABLE."

I clicked in 'Analyze'. And there is no my column. It seems like all changes apply only for metadata. not for physical table. What I'm doing wrong?tab

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-14-2014 04:49 AM
Super User

Re: DI: change existing table

Posted in reply to reindeers

You are doing nothing "wrong", you might just have the wrong expectations.

You are correct, the changes you do applies only to metadata, and in turn, the generated code.

DI Studio is NOT a DBA tool that updates physical table structure by point-and-click.

If the table doesn't exists during the first execution, yes, the table is created based on metadata. But that is also driven by the generated code.

So, if you wish to promote table changes, you need to supply a separate script that updates the table structure.

If you are in development, chances are that you can reload data at will, so the easiest is just to delete the physical table, and rerun the job.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-14-2014 04:49 AM
Super User

Posted in reply to reindeers

You are doing nothing "wrong", you might just have the wrong expectations.

You are correct, the changes you do applies only to metadata, and in turn, the generated code.

DI Studio is NOT a DBA tool that updates physical table structure by point-and-click.

If the table doesn't exists during the first execution, yes, the table is created based on metadata. But that is also driven by the generated code.

So, if you wish to promote table changes, you need to supply a separate script that updates the table structure.

If you are in development, chances are that you can reload data at will, so the easiest is just to delete the physical table, and rerun the job.

Data never sleeps
Contributor

Thank you so much.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation