BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PTD_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to submit the statement ods path work.mystore(update) sashelp.tmplmst(read); when I invoke SAS so I can modify templates temporarily. I tried to include it in the configuration file sasv9.cfg but it doesn't work. Could I get some suggestions as to how I can achieve this?

I use SAS 9.3 M1 x64 on Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Beginning with version 9.2 SAS installs with a set of config files and autoexecs which are not meant to be modified. It says clearly in the header of such files:

*    Do NOT modify this file.  Any additions or changes should be made in autoexec_usermods.sas.

So if you change the standared autoexec and config files don't complain if the next patch or upgrade simply wipes out all of your modifications.

You can always add site specific modifications to the "usermods" versions or even create additional files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Don't change config and autoexec files if the name does not contain "usermods".

If you're usin SAS EG then define it best as code to be run when you open the project (that's done in EG).

Else: You could put your code into a usermods autoexec if you must.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

PTD_SAS wrote:

I want to submit the statement ods path work.mystore(update) sashelp.tmplmst(read); when I invoke SAS so I can modify templates temporarily. I tried to include it in the configuration file sasv9.cfg but it doesn't work. Could I get some suggestions as to how I can achieve this?

Very simple ... put it in your AUTOEXEC file. You may want to create a custom CONFIG file and AUTOEXEC file so the original remains unchanged.

--
Paige Miller
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Beginning with version 9.2 SAS installs with a set of config files and autoexecs which are not meant to be modified. It says clearly in the header of such files:

*    Do NOT modify this file.  Any additions or changes should be made in autoexec_usermods.sas.

So if you change the standared autoexec and config files don't complain if the next patch or upgrade simply wipes out all of your modifications.

You can always add site specific modifications to the "usermods" versions or even create additional files.

PTD_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks to all for the answers, autoexec_usermode.sas did the trick.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation