BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alexey
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, i would like to ask if i have a option in SAS to create execute file( .exe).

I know that in Matlab you have an option.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

no

Alexey
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.

i have another question to you, can i operate SAS from other system automaticcally?

i will describe situation : my customer will enter my site, will put there his file, and will press button, this button will operate SAS program and then ther results will send to this customer by file.

can i do it? if yes, how can i operate SAS from site? thank you

RichardinOz
Quartz | Level 8

How you do this depends on where your SAS executables are located.  If they are on a local machine that your customer has access to you can make a copy of the SAS icon and add the parameter -sysin='your_program_here.sas' to the startup script.  Alternately your button could use the amended script to launch the program in batch mode.  You would also need to redirect the log so any problems with the input data could be identified.

If your SAS resides an a server and typically you access it using Enterprise Guide then I would suggest creating a project containing a process flow that would analyse and output the customer data.

f you need more help you will have to describe your setup.

Richard

Alexey
Calcite | Level 5

SAS reside on server and we don't have Enterprise Guide. Our customers have to upload a file with data to site and press button than SAS have to work and return the results by file. i don't know if we can do it and how can i operate SAS from site...

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

This sounds like a job for a SAS Stored Process, but to use it you must have licensed a package that contains the SAS Integration Technologies component. What modules/products do you have on the server?

Data never sleeps
Alexey
Calcite | Level 5

we have standard products, not something special.

but maybe can i operate SAS FROM DOS?

what is SAS Stored Process?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

A Stored Process (StP) is a SAS program, that can take arguments (prompts) and stream output (or other  things).

You need a SAS Metadata server to store the information about the StP, and a SAS Stored Process server to handle client access/requests. See the product pages on support.sas.com for more information.

You can start a SAS program in DOS, and use a program name as a parameter, see the SAS Companion for Windows on how to do that. But, I guess you want to do this via a web server? Or how else should the users access the "button"? Most web architects and security folks is not very keen on having we requests go directly to executables in the OS.

Data never sleeps
Barnipaz
Obsidian | Level 7

You can make a shell/bat that starts only if the file is present, the shell/bat stert a SAS session and execute sas program that has for input the file.

In other words: the customer load the file in the server,

The proces start, do what have to do, send by mail the result, delete the input file

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation