Creating a macro to perform proc means and surveyselect on a dynamic set of tables

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Creating a macro to perform proc means and surveyselect on a dynamic set of tables

Hello,

I am using SAS Enterprse MIner 13.1 and am working inside of a SAS Code Node. I have a piece of code that I would like to apply repeatedly to different tables.

Example:

I have multiple tables (there could be a different number of these tables each time my code is ran) they are named Work_1, Work_2, Work_3, etc. They all have the same number of columns with the same names. My final goal is a table with the output of every SurveySelect statement (sample_HALT_1  UNION ALL sample_HALT_2, etc.) .

The process that I would like to perform on each of these tables is:

proc means data=Work._1 noprint;
var Diff_MinSS_IndSS;
output out=sample_HALT_1 mean=ha_mean;
run;
data _null_;
set sample_HALT_1;
call symputx('SS_HALT', ha_mean);
run;
%put macro variable SS_HALT: &SS_HALT;

PROC SURVEYSELECT DATA=WORK._1 OUT=sample_HALT_1 METHOD=SRS
  Sampsize= &SS_HALT ;
  RUN;

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Natasha

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-03-2017 09:53 AM
Grand Advisor

Re: Creating a macro to perform proc means and surveyselect on a dynamic set of tables

1. No macros required, use BY GROUP processing. 

data work_all;

set work_: indsname=source;

dsn = source;

run;

Then in your next steps add a BY statement using the DSN variable. 

For sample size you can provide the dataset instead of a macro variable so the output from proc means can feed directly into SURVEYSELECT. You may want to round the numbers to a whole number. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-03-2017 09:53 AM
Grand Advisor

Re: Creating a macro to perform proc means and surveyselect on a dynamic set of tables

1. No macros required, use BY GROUP processing. 

data work_all;

set work_: indsname=source;

dsn = source;

run;

Then in your next steps add a BY statement using the DSN variable. 

For sample size you can provide the dataset instead of a macro variable so the output from proc means can feed directly into SURVEYSELECT. You may want to round the numbers to a whole number. 

New Contributor

Thank you so much for your response! This suggestion allowed me to greatly simplify the process I was building.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation