Creating SAS codes from Risk Dimension Environment

Occasional Contributor

Creating SAS codes from Risk Dimension Environment

Hi All,

I have a Risk Dimension environment for which i want to generate base sas code so that i can use the code to create the same environment in any other machine. Is there any way to do it? Please suggest.

Super Contributor

Re: Creating SAS codes from Risk Dimension Environment

If your question is "Can I write ordinary SAS code in the RD env so that it will run elsewhere in a non RD environment?" the answer is a qualified yes.  The "any other machine" would have to have the SAS application loaded, Base SAS at least, and depending on what you had in mind other components such as SAS Access, SAS Connect and SAS Stat.  You would bed able to use the full range of SAS datastep and SQL programming, including macros, but not any code which relied on specific Risk Dimension procs; and you would be unable to use any of the process flow and scheduling facilities without recreating them in EG.  Reading and writing external (non SAS) data files might require extensive recoding, and access to RD data might be limited or denied by administration permissions.

If your question is whether code you write in the RD environment can somehow be "compiled" to run elsewhere with no SAS application installed the answer is no.

Richard

Occasional Contributor

Hey Richard,

Thanks for your answer.

I will try to be more clear. I have SAS risk dimensions in 2 machines and all necessary components are installed and properly working. I created an RD environment though GUI in one of the machines. Now, if I have to copy that RD environment into other machine, how can I do it?

Some thoughts I have in my mind:

1. I can directly copy the environment folder contents from one machine to other machine and then inherit it.

2. Since I created RD environment in machine 1 though GUI and did not create it through sas base code, is there a way to generate sas base code out of that GUI built environment. Supposing i have a sas base code with me, i can simple copy the code to machine 2 and run the code to recreate that environment.

I am thinking about option 2. Would that be possible?

Many Thanks,

PY

Super Contributor

Hi raju,

If you are using 9.1.3 Risk dimension answer is Yes (you have procedure Proc RISKENV) to create sas code from the existing environment.

But if you are using 9.2 or greater version then this procedure is not supported,you can try using some of the statements

Writearrys:-Writes arrays that are declared in the current environment

writetype:- Writes intrument types that are declared in the current environment

WriteVars:-Write variables that are declared in the current environment

Writerefs:- writes reference maps that are declared in the current environment.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Shiva

Occasional Contributor

Hi  Shiva,

Thanx for the response. I will try out the options as suggested and revert back for any additional inputs.

Regards

Raju

Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys,

One more query in addition to the above one.

I configured a SAS Risk dimension environment in windows server and now i want to migrate the same environment to a Unix server.

Is there any way to do it.  Please suggest me possible steps.

Regards

Raju

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation