Creating Interactive Constellation Diagrams, Constellation Macro %ds2const output issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Creating Interactive Constellation Diagrams, Constellation Macro %ds2const output issue

I have problem in running Constellation Macro %ds2const.

I am trying any of the example in here Sample Programs: Constellation Macro

but i am getting error empty html page, and there is no any errors in the log

any idea or experience with this issue

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-13-2014 03:07 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Problem with Constellation Macro %ds2const output

So when you use a browser on the web server, and you open the generated html file from the file system, then it is working. This is because a local web browser can access this URL: file:///C:\... . In this case the browser accesses it directly from thefile system.

On the other hand a remote browser does not have the jar files on it's local hard drive. (This is what the file://.... tells to the browser.)

You should change the CODEBASE URL to http://... (or I think the relative path is better: /sasweb/graph ) and should configure the web server to serve the jar files from that location.

A web server has a URL->file system mapping. This means, your web browser goes with a URL request to your web server, and the web server "translates" it, and searches the file in a specific file system location.

Sorry, but I have very little knowledge about JBOSS configuration.

Check, what URL is in your web browser, when you try to access the html. What is the corresponding location on the file system?

Right click - properties on an image on the loaded page. What is the URL? Can you find that image file on the file system?

This way maybe you can discover the URL -> file mapping. Than you can copy jar files, where they are accessible.

I think "pre-loading" some HTML page does not apply to your problem. You are already logged in to the web server, right?

Also you might re-post this question in the SAS Web Report Studio community. I think now it is more web related. Good luck!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

In the JAVA console i found this error

load: class ConstChart not found.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ConstChart

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ConstChart

Any idea

Super Contributor

Does any one have used this macro before, any experience with it.

I have red the SAS/Graph reference and many of the examples are running fine except these examples using the %ds2const macro.

SAS Employee

Did you check these:

SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.2: Reference, Second Edition

specifically:

SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.2: Reference, Second Edition

Are you using a web server? What is your CODEBASE= option? Can you run the %DS2TREE examples?

Super Contributor

Yes

Yes, i am using web server

The dir i get from,  proc options option=appletloc; run; Or  "."

No both are not working

SAS Employee

I think you need to use an URL. Try to change it to something like this: http://servername/dir1/dir2/sasweb/graph .

Do you have these file in  sasweb\graph\?  sas.graph.constapp.jar, sas.graph.nld.jar, sas.graph.j2d.jar

Alternatively you could try to copy those 3 files to the same location, where your HTML file is generated.

But the usuall setting is simply: CODEBASE=/sasweb/graph

Message was edited by: Gergely Bathó

Message was edited by: Gergely Bathó

Super Contributor

In the appletloc i found constapp.jar but not the nld and j2d jars

but i found them in the constapp.jar util folder

SAS Employee

It might be OK. Does it work with CODEBASE=/sasweb/graph ? What is the version of SAS? What kind of web server are you using?

Those jar files should be accessible from the web browser.

Super Contributor

I am sorry for late reply i was not able to access the server

It is SAS 9.3, and the web server is JBoss

But still the same error even when CODEBASE=/sasweb/graph

Message was edited by: mohamed zaki

SAS Employee

Is the SAS Wokspace server on the same machine as the Web server?

Where do you save the report (op.system path), and than how do you access it (what is the URL you type into the browser)?

.../sasweb/graph should be visible and accessible from the browser, and maybe the Web server needs configuration to enable that. Maybe copying files from Workspace server to Web server.

Web Technologies Community: Using SAS/GRAPH to Generate Client Graphs for ActiveX or Java

Sorry, I am running out of ideas Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

They are two different servers

I found the html file in C:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp ... the default i did set any directory.

I am openning it from enterprise guide on the client server  or open the html file on the server by the browser where the link appear as "C:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\your_path_and_filename.htm".

Super Contributor

when i set the codebase as CODEBASE="file:///C:\...." it work, i mean that the html file created on the server, when opened by the browser the applet work and i can see the graph. all this on the web server.

but now if i  access it from the client i get error about the permission to the applet, any idea how to fix this issue.

Web Technologies Community: Using SAS/GRAPH to Generate Client Graphs for ActiveX or Java

based on the documentation you referenced earlier in the

Troubleshooting Viewing Problems for the SAS/GRAPH Applets for Java

part.

I do not get what is mentioned in the third point by "To fix this, first load a page on your HTTP server, then load the local HTML file that references your graph. Because you have now been authenticated for the server, the load should succeed."

Solution
‎10-13-2014 03:07 AM
SAS Employee

So when you use a browser on the web server, and you open the generated html file from the file system, then it is working. This is because a local web browser can access this URL: file:///C:\... . In this case the browser accesses it directly from thefile system.

On the other hand a remote browser does not have the jar files on it's local hard drive. (This is what the file://.... tells to the browser.)

You should change the CODEBASE URL to http://... (or I think the relative path is better: /sasweb/graph ) and should configure the web server to serve the jar files from that location.

A web server has a URL->file system mapping. This means, your web browser goes with a URL request to your web server, and the web server "translates" it, and searches the file in a specific file system location.

Sorry, but I have very little knowledge about JBOSS configuration.

Check, what URL is in your web browser, when you try to access the html. What is the corresponding location on the file system?

Right click - properties on an image on the loaded page. What is the URL? Can you find that image file on the file system?

This way maybe you can discover the URL -> file mapping. Than you can copy jar files, where they are accessible.

I think "pre-loading" some HTML page does not apply to your problem. You are already logged in to the web server, right?

Also you might re-post this question in the SAS Web Report Studio community. I think now it is more web related. Good luck!

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation