Create rtf file

New Contributor

Create rtf file

Hi,

I have a problem to create a new rtf file. Each time when I use "ods rtf file="C:\...\my file" I have those errors in the log :

ERROR: Parent (inheritance) cycle detected in template 'Rtf'.

WARNING: Could not find parent template: styles.Rtf.

NOTE: Writing RTF Body file: W:\Commun\Stagiaires\Quentin\Rapport de stage\resultat_rando.rtf

NOTE: Unable to find the "Body" style element. Default style attributes will be used.

NOTE: Unable to find the "TableHeaderContainer" style element. Default style attributes will be used.

NOTE: Unable to find the "ColumnGroup" style element. Default style attributes will be used.

I try to restore template with ods path reset but it did not work.I thought about modifying the styles.rtf style but I did not find the code.

Did someone have a solution ?

Thanks

Quentin

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Create rtf file

Posted in reply to Quentin_L

Hi:

The RTF template should ALWAYS be found, if SASHELP.TMPLMST exists, is in the ODS PATH and is not corrupted. So, I would recommend that you work with Tech Support on this error message. It could be warning you of other problems. Does this code work for you.

I would be curious if you get the same error when you use "regular" RTF style template. But, either way, I would say definitely open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

ods rtf file='xxx.rtf' style=styles.rtf;

proc print data=sashelp.class;

run;

ods rtf close;

New Contributor

Thank you Cynthia,

I have the same error with your code. But I don't have the SASHELP.TMPLMST library, is it normal ?

I didn't precise, I use SAS 9.2

It's works on my colleague computer but he doesn't have the tmplmst folder.

If I use ods rtf file='xxx.rtf' style=Default; I do not have any Error or Warning.

Quentin

New Contributor

I found a solution, I delete the folder profil in SASUSER and now it works. I think I did something which changed the rtf style and use this new version from my profil.

Thank you Cynthia

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation