BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Quentin_L
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a problem to create a new rtf file. Each time when I use "ods rtf file="C:\...\my file" I have those errors in the log :

ERROR: Parent (inheritance) cycle detected in template 'Rtf'.

WARNING: Could not find parent template: styles.Rtf.

NOTE: Writing RTF Body file: W:\Commun\Stagiaires\Quentin\Rapport de stage\resultat_rando.rtf

NOTE: Unable to find the "Body" style element. Default style attributes will be used.

NOTE: Unable to find the "TableHeaderContainer" style element. Default style attributes will be used.

NOTE: Unable to find the "ColumnGroup" style element. Default style attributes will be used.

I try to restore template with ods path reset but it did not work.I thought about modifying the styles.rtf style but I did not find the code.

Did someone have a solution ?

Thanks

Quentin

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The RTF template should ALWAYS be found, if SASHELP.TMPLMST exists, is in the ODS PATH and is not corrupted. So, I would recommend that you work with Tech Support on this error message. It could be warning you of other problems. Does this code work for you.

I would be curious if you get the same error when you use "regular" RTF style template. But, either way, I would say definitely open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

ods rtf file='xxx.rtf' style=styles.rtf;

proc print data=sashelp.class;

run;

ods rtf close;

Quentin_L
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Cynthia,

I have the same error with your code. But I don't have the SASHELP.TMPLMST library, is it normal ?

I didn't precise, I use SAS 9.2

It's works on my colleague computer but he doesn't have the tmplmst folder.

If I use ods rtf file='xxx.rtf' style=Default; I do not have any Error or Warning.

Quentin

Quentin_L
Calcite | Level 5

I found a solution, I delete the folder profil in SASUSER and now it works. I think I did something which changed the rtf style and use this new version from my profil.

Thank you Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation