Create a nice user interface by sas base or sas macro

Super Contributor

Create a nice user interface by sas base or sas macro

Hello,

I need your experience for the creation of a nice user interface by sas base and sas macro.

For that, I begin the exporation of %windows and %display

Thank you

Super User

Re: Create a nice user interface by sas base or sas macro

The really nice interface would be to use SAS/AF and SAS/FSP but without details of what you mean by "nice" and what you may be attempting then it is hard to tell what to recommend. "Report" has some many steps for some things, data prep, procedures, models, graphics ... that a single recommendation is likely to be incomplete.

And do not stay just with the MACRO versions of %window as there is a data step Window as well.

In Base SAS you may also want to look at PMENU to add more persistent menues than %window provides.

Do you already have all of the code needed to implement all of the options for one of these reports?

Super User

A nice interface is a really vague requirement.
Unlike @ballardw I don't think people generally feel that FSP or AF applications are tasty.
They are together with the examples in the OP considered ancient technology and I can't recommend them for new development.
The only (?) out of the box and living SAS technology I can think of is VA.
Data never sleeps
Super User

Another downside of using %WINDOW or WINDOW is that Base SAS has to be installed on all user's PCs.

Using a SAS Stored Process via a custom web page avoids this issue however there is a significant learning curve if you've never done anything like this before. This link is a good starting point:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/stpug/68399/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0m6bfw604p33tn1ly7r...

Super Contributor

but, 

I have used the store process.

the interface web, it works for sas 9.2 without an other module (WRS, ....) ?

Thank you

Super User

Define "nice".

And what are the logical processes that you need to interface to?

As I mentioned in the other thread, stored processes will probably be the way to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super Contributor

Yes , perhaps, "nice" is not a good definition.

what, I need

an interface with:

Button

box

check box

show a message with poup

Super User

What you are describing are prompts that are available in - stored processes, among other SAS applications.
Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation