BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Could anyone let me know how to concatenate year and previous month in Unix Using date command

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Is this related to a UNIX command or within a SAS data set?

If the later, are your values numeric or character? What do you want the output to look like?

laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

This is related to unix.

I would want the value as abc.201503.txt when i run a report in the month of April.

Is there any date command to eexecute this.

Laxman

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need the GNU version of date; some UNIXes (eg AIX 5.3) have a default date command that does not include all the capabilities of GNU date.

Call it like that:

date -d "1 month ago" +%Y%m

Be careful: if you call that on March 31st, you still get 201503, because February did not have a 31st, and you land on March 3.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation