BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
samdace
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Firstly thank you for taking the time out to read this. I have been given a set of data that is in sas7bdat format and I need to convert it over to an Excel document to run some Statistical analysis, as I am a complete beginning in SAS and have a mere 20 days to get all the relevant work done on it. So far I have set up the folders which can be seen in the screen shot. In the screenshot, you can see my VM and the path for SAS (unsure if this helps?). I have read through a few posts and I'm getting very lost. 

Before I export the data into Excel I would like to only select the entries that match the definition "CMCSA" under the column header "Symbol" and not the whole data set as it exceeds 4 Million rows (but only 5 columns)

Kind Regards

Sam

Capture 2.PNG
8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

There are video's here:

http://support.sas.com/training/tutorial/

You can look at hte filtering video to select the records of interest.

To create an excel file look at an export task. 

FYI - SAS UE is not licensed for commercial usage. 

20 days is a lot of time to do an analysis in my world 🙂

Someday you'll want to switch to programming, after the third time your boss comes to you and says, just change this one thing and re-run to get all the new results and it means re-doing everything. 

samdace
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza,

Thank you for the fast response, yep aware of the licencing law, however, I'm fine though as it's not for commercial use it's for my final project. I still attend university and do not work, yet fingers crossed I pass.

I shall watch the videos, but in the meantime could someone explain or write the line of code I need, please?

Kind Regards

Sam

Reeza
Super User

Use the point and click interface if you don't want to use SAS or program.

Right click the dataset and Export and select your file type.

samdace
Fluorite | Level 6

I believe that only works for SAS enterprise, not for UE. Tried and no joy.

Sam

art297
Opal | Level 21

Interesting that they didn't include that in the UE menu.

A code work around would be to click on Utilities->SAS Program and enter code like the following:

proc export data=sashelp.class
            file='/folders/myfolders/class.xlsx'
            replace dbms=xlsx;
  sheet='Sheet1';
run;

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Reeza
Super User

The Export is available in SAS UE.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 5.35.03 PM.png

samdace
Fluorite | Level 6

Great news!! 

How would I then get the file, which is on a Flash drive in SAS format into the library?

Reeza
Super User

When you installed SAS UE you had to create a folder called myfolders, place the file in there and assign the library. You can assign the library by clicking on the cabinet (first icon in Libraries Pane) and following the instructions. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation