BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kfwright23
Fluorite | Level 6

Has anyone developed SAS code to convert the new SAT scores to the old SAT scores to complete the Common Data Set?  I am specifically looking for code for total or composite scores and subscores. My university’s Student Information System captures the old test/subtests and the new test/subtests in different fields. As an analyst in Institutional Research, the table found on www.sat.org/concordance does not meet my needs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
art297
Opal | Level 21

Here is an example, converting the total2400 scores.

Depending upon which engine you can use to import the xlsx file, the resulting variable names might be different:

proc import datafile="c:\art\concordance-tables-new-sat-scores-to-old-sat-scores.xlsx" 
    out=forfmt replace dbms=excel;
  getnames=no;
  datarow=3;
  sheet='Table 1 (Total 2400)';
run;

data forfmt;
  set forfmt (rename=(f1=start f2=label));
  retain fmtname 'sat2400t' type 'N';
run;

proc format cntlin = forfmt;
run;

data want;
  input newsat;
  oldsat=put(newsat,sat2400t.);
  cards;
;

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
art297
Opal | Level 21

Can't you just download and import the workbook at: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/xls/concordance-tables-new-sat-scores-old-sat-scores.xls

and then use those tables to create formats (using proc format cntlin=) for converting each set of scores?

kfwright23
Fluorite | Level 6

Can you provide additional information?  

art297
Opal | Level 21

How detailed of info do you need. If I provide on example, do you think you could do the rest?

art297
Opal | Level 21

Here is an example, converting the total2400 scores.

Depending upon which engine you can use to import the xlsx file, the resulting variable names might be different:

proc import datafile="c:\art\concordance-tables-new-sat-scores-to-old-sat-scores.xlsx" 
    out=forfmt replace dbms=excel;
  getnames=no;
  datarow=3;
  sheet='Table 1 (Total 2400)';
run;

data forfmt;
  set forfmt (rename=(f1=start f2=label));
  retain fmtname 'sat2400t' type 'N';
run;

proc format cntlin = forfmt;
run;

data want;
  input newsat;
  oldsat=put(newsat,sat2400t.);
  cards;
;

kfwright23
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the code! It worked.  I also thank you for drawing my attention to the Concordance Tables that I initially overlooked because I was only focused on the "tools".

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation