Concatenate data tables in loop only works first time

New Contributor

Concatenate data tables in loop only works first time

Hi

I have a script where I loop through a data table with a random number of rows and for each row I execute 3 sql statements and get 3 data tables returned. That part of the code works fine but subsequently I want to concatenate the 3 tables that are produced at each step of the original loop and make a graph of data and this is where my jmp knowledge falls short.

In short my problem is that I only seem to be able to condatenate the 3 tables produced at the first step in the loop, but I do it as many times as I have steps in my loop.:smileyconfused:

I assume that I somehow have to let jmp know that the 3 tables has to be replaced each time I do a new concatenation and I have tried to explictly assign the datatables returned from the 3 sql statements (dtSite, dtCountry, dtTrial) to new data tables before doing the concatantion but it seems that it does not do the trick. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks Smiley Happy

code is below:

dtSite<<set Name("Sitevalue");

dtCountry<<set Name("Countryvalue");

dtTrial<<set Name("Trialvalue");

Data Table( "Sitevalue" ) << Concatenate(

Data Table( "Countryvalue" ),

Data Table( "Trialvalue" ),

Output Table( "Combined" )

);

Respected Advisor

Re: Concatenate data tables in loop only works first time

This looks like a question about JMP. JMP has it's own support community where you can get useful answers :

Welcome | JMP User

PG

PG
New Contributor

Re: Concatenate data tables in loop only works first time

Sorry I am new to jmp and the SAS/jmp communities. I'll try to get my question answered in the designated forum. Thanks Smiley Happy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation