BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
naveen_srini
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been a member since I registered last December. I registered or in other words created my account using my company's official email id? Is there a way I could change my settings by registering the same account using my personal email id. I do not want to create a new account though.  I'd appreciate any help and instructions plz.

Sincerely,

Naveen

8 REPLIES 8
Ksharp
Super User

Ha,

Here is her e-mail:

Lainie is a very kind lady . I have a lot of good talk with her . As far as I concern She will indeed give you help .

Xia Keshan

naveen_srini
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Morning and Thank you As always you seem to rescue many many members with your extraordinary solutions(your high class coding) and in general covering many SAS modules.

Just one more thing and sorry it's off topic. Have you completed writing your paper on the usage of Double DOW potentially replacing SQL that you were intending to do?

Lately, I have learned the use of Double DOW quite well and I am so looking forward to your paper. Please Please, get it well reviewed by and . I anticipate your paper well written, well commented quoting many examples. If that idea can "replace SQL", my oh my, don't just write a technical paper, rather author a book.

Ksharp
Super User

Hi,

I would like to write a paper about it . But Arthur.T wouldn't like . He said someone have already write a couple of papers about it . There is no need to talk about it more .

One thing I need to mention is it is hard to replace SQL with DOW skill .

DOW skill  only can replace the function of HAVING clause of SQL, can't replace all the function of SQL .

SQL is indeed to learn which is so powerful , Sometime you will feel it is more sharp than data step .

Xia Keshan

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can never have too many papers that share expertise on a complex subject.  If you have special experience to share, even if on a topic that has been covered before, I think that writing a paper (or a series of articles here on the community!) is a great idea.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Ksharp
Super User

Thanks. I will . I would like to share my good idea to other sas users which could keep my idea forever .

art297
Opal | Level 21

Chris: KSharp misinterpreted one of my comments. I agree that many, many topics ought to be repeated in papers and presentations. Personally, I don't have any interest in working on developing or reviewing such papers. I only get involved in a paper if I can learn something, think it is a necessary addition to the community knowledge base, and think that it will help others learn something as well.

However, I definitely think that such papers and presentations will always be needed and welcomed by the community.

Community_Help
SAS Employee

Hi there - thanks for your note. Yes - if you go to https://www.sas.com/profile and select "change email" you can add your new password. There used to be a delay when making this change but you should be able to make the change and it will update your communities profile, too. If you have any trouble let me know.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 in conversation