BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
_Dan_
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all,

Colleagues have reported an influx of errors in their DI Studio jobs which point to LIBREFs not assigning properly. There's a specific caveat I must point out which I am hoping someone has come across before.

These error messages are being produced BEFORE the BatchServer Autoexec parses. This normally means I could find an %include or 'options insert' statement written in precode either in the individual transform, or the overlying DI Job. In this case, I can't find anything. Users have no control over their autoexec files, so they're not inserting anything there.

The error messages are:

ERROR: ORACLE connection error: ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.
ERROR: ORACLE connection error: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor.

I don't "care" about the error message, that's a secondary issue. My concern is, where is this connection being attempted, because it's not in the config or autoexec files, and not a part of the user written code.

Finally, these error messages DO NOT cause Platform Process Manager jobs to exit as they are not deemed to be a part of the actual job. Even though the error message is in the log, they exist prior to the BatchServer actually doing anything, so PPM seems to ignore them. Like I say, this isn't the first time I have come across this issue, but I cannot for the life of me find where these assignments are stored. Maybe it's something in Management Console?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Dan_
Quartz | Level 8

For the benefit of anyone searching for a similar issue, the issue is due to two libraries being pre-assigned to this BatchServer which seem to have broken credentials. Check out the Data Library plugin in Management Console and have a look for libraries relevant to those you get an error for.

In my case I was lucky because they were the only two which began with a "P", but you may have difficulty if the LIBREF and Library Description don't match up properly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
_Dan_
Quartz | Level 8

For the benefit of anyone searching for a similar issue, the issue is due to two libraries being pre-assigned to this BatchServer which seem to have broken credentials. Check out the Data Library plugin in Management Console and have a look for libraries relevant to those you get an error for.

In my case I was lucky because they were the only two which began with a "P", but you may have difficulty if the LIBREF and Library Description don't match up properly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation