Clustering MetaData

Occasional Contributor AHD
Occasional Contributor

Clustering MetaData

Dear Team,

I have configured Meta data cluster with 3 nodes. Initially when I configured it was working fine.

After restarting, all the nodes are up stills it giving me error:

"ERROR:"The secGetIdentity request failed because the server is paused for OFFLINE use.  The reason for the server pause is Waiting for the cluster to achieve quorum.."

Thanks in advance.

Super User

Re: Clustering MetaData

Did you restarted all the 3 metadata serves, one after another? The first one will be the master, and the other ones will be the slaves.

Therefore:

- Stop all sas services

- Start 1 metadata server <- will be master

----- Check the status of the server from SAS MC : not paused, offline, etc

- Start the other 2 metadata servers <- will be slaves/clients of the master node.

---- Check and validate the quorum: all of them should be also started (QUORUM = at least 2 of 3 should be Up/running and valid)

- If you can validate previous steps, then you can start the other SAS services

Occasional Contributor AHD
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Juan,

1. I am trying to do clustering between different instance (Eg: Lev7, Lev8, Lev9) for testing purpose.

2. I have stopped all the services of Lev7 , Lev8 and Lev9 by running command ./sas.server stop

3. Lev7 is my master node, I started the metadata service by running ./MetadataServer.sh -start

4. Checked the status showing me as "paused"

5.Than started metadata service by running ./MetadataServer.sh -start on Lev8 and Lev9, but still it is showing me as "PAUSE" for all server.

Metadata server is not going into running state.

Is somewhat i am missing or doing wrong,

Thanks in advance

Super User

Thanks to you, good to know the details over your steps.

Any extra information from the Metadata servers logs?

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

even we are facing the same issue as you described over an year ago, can you please help me how did you resolve this problem?.

Thanks

Madhu

New Contributor

Hi,

For a cluster to continue to operate, a quorum of the nodes must be running. If fewer than a quorum are running, the server is paused to offline status. Clients can continue to connect to the server, but they cannot access metadata. In clusters with an odd number of nodes, a quorum exists if more than one half of the nodes are running. For example, in a three-node cluster, two running nodes constitute a quorum. In a five-node cluster, three running nodes constitute a quorum. The following table provides example scenarios for a three-node cluster.Quorum.JPG

The status of each node and the overall status of the cluster (including the presence or absence of a quorum) is reported in SAS Management Console on the Cluster tab of the Active Server Properties dialog box. Expand the Metadata Manager node, right-click the Active Server node, select Properties, and select the Cluster tab.

I hope this helps to you.

Thanks

Uday Vakkalagadda

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation