BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KelseyB
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello there!

The company I work for is attempting to upgrade from Base SAS 9.3 to 9.4.  We have found that the pdf output from one of programs that was designed in 9.3 has minor formatting differences when run in 9.4.  This output is based on a custom style that was created by modifying the "statistical" template.  It appears that the margins may have changed in this template because tables are not lining up as they did in 9.3 and an annotate dateset does not appear in the same place on the bar graph generated by using proc sgplot.  Also the coloring for the background of tables is proc tabulate is now cream instead of white.  Is anyone aware of changes to this style template or any other formatting changes that may cause these changes when upgrading to 9.4.  We are hesitant to make the switch until we determine this and do not want to have to modify the template or other pieces of our SAS code in 9.4 to make it look like it did in 9.3.

Any information regarding this is appreciated.

Sincerely,

KelseyB 

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

I ran into this between 9.2 and 9.3. The code I had to modify the SAS supplied base style failed because of changes to the way the base SAS supplied style was defined. The base definitions of some of the styles do change as ODS matures and features are added.

I would recommend finding a version of the 9.3 style and applying your modifications to see if the output is as desired. Since you can have styles persist across sessions if you store them correctly then use your modified version either without including the modification code OR point to a copy of the 9.3 base style instead of the 9.4.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation