BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LucyLou
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to figure out how to run a censored normal regression in SAS. I have cross-sectional data that I am analyzing to examine the association of an independent variable with systolic blood pressure (SBP). The observed SBP in treated individuals (HTNMed=1) is right censored, therefore I have been told to use censored normal regression. I have found how to do this in STATA (cnreg), but I can't seem to figure it out in SAS. 

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you!

Amanda

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Do you have SAS/ETS licensed?  If so, take a look at PROC QLIM.or PROC HPQLIM.  I don't think there is a good way to approach this with SAS/STAT, but you might consider PROC LIFEREG for tobit regression--check Example 51.2 Computing Predicted Values for a Tobit Model, and see if you can substitute your values into the example there.

Steve Denham

LucyLou
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you! It looks like PROC LIFEREG will do the trick.

LucyLou
Calcite | Level 5

Hi again,

I have been successful in using Proc Lifereg to run censored normal regression for my analysis (thank you!). Now I am trying to predict mean outcome values (blood pressure) for 4 different models starting with a minimally adjusted model to one adjusting for all covariates, and am having trouble figuring out how to do this.

I tried to follow this example: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_lifereg_sect..., but I'm starting to think that this is not the answer to my problem because my mean blood pressure is not changing more than a few tenths when I move from model 1 to model 4. I know this cannot be the case based on the results of the Proc Lifereg.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong or how to calculate mean outcome values for tobit models with right censoring?

Thank you in advance for any advice you have.

Amanda

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation