BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
zachowdhury
Calcite | Level 5

cannot save .sas file.png

Please check the my problem. I am using SAS University addition by VMware. I tried save that permanent library file to my folder but it came with the above error.

Please let me know what can be the solution?

Best, Zakir

7 REPLIES 7
zachowdhury
Calcite | Level 5

If anyone know this problem answer, please let me know.

Reeza
Super User

What about saving to /folders/myfolders/?

zachowdhury
Calcite | Level 5

Reeza, I attached a screen shot. where my path is also /folders/myfolders...but it did not allow me to save. I am actually reading and watching free tutorial from SAS Training where they said to save permanent library as setup.sas then another code file named Orion file to run. But Orion file give error because I could not save the setup.sas file.

I need your help.

Reeza
Super User

Don't see any new attachments. To confirm, you're using SAS UE downloaded from this site on your own PC?

What does the following return:

libname test '/folders/myfolders/';

data test.work;

set sashelp.class;

run;

Worst case scenario you can copy the code and paste into notepad and Save with .sas extension.

Otherwise I recommend contacting SAS UE support, SASAnalyticsU@sas.com

PS. If you post this in the Analytics U forum you get more response.

harjit43362
Calcite | Level 5

you need to create shared folder for saving it

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you blow that photograph of the error message up you can read the path that is causing the error.

/folders/myshortcuts/MyFolder/ecprg193/Setup.sas

Make sure you use a path that you can write to. You should instead by trying to save to somthing under

/folders/myfolders

Note that a directory named MyFolder is different than one named myfolders. Also a file named Setup.sas is different than one named setup.sas.

Perhaps the issue is that you tried to name the file 'ecprg193/Setup.sas'?  You cannot use a '/' in the middle of a filename.

Also if you blow up the photograph you can see that there is a directory name 'ecprg193' under the 'myfolders' directory that SAS UE creates automatically.  What is the ICON on the left that is labeled MyFolder ? If you right click on that what properties does it have?

art297
Opal | Level 21

Your path is incorrect but, more importantly, you may have left off a step. The use of shortcuts is described at: https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_access.htm

What you may not have done is: "If you are running the SAS University Edition vApp using VirtualBox, VMware Workstation Player, VMware Fusion, or VMware Player, these folder shortcuts must be defined as additional shared folders in your virtualization software."

Once you do that, you should be able to access the file with something like:

/folders/myshortcuts/ecprg193/Setup.sas

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation