Can reuse the LIBNAME META statement connection in SQL path-through (Connect using) in SAS 9.3?

New Contributor

Can reuse the LIBNAME META statement connection in SQL path-through (Connect using) in SAS 9.3?

Hi,

In SAS 9.3 now there a new feature that "The database connection that is established with the LIBNAME statement can be reused in the CONNECT statement. The keyword USING has been added to implement this feature." (quoted in page 70, <What's New in SAS 9.3>).

I tried this feature in LIBNAME DB2 statement and it is working. However, when I assigned a connection by LIBNAME META engine, and tried to use it after by CONNECT USING, i got below error: "ERROR: A Connection to the META DBMS is not currently supported, or is not installed at your site.".

Below is my sample code:

LIBNAME test META LIBRARY="DB DEMO" REPNAME="DB_path";

proc sql;
connect using test;
select count(1) from test.table;
disconnect from test;
quit;

DB DEMO is a DB2 database which is setup in metaserver. And

LIBNAME test META LIBRARY="DB DEMO" REPNAME="DB_path"; this command can work successfully.

Some one can advise me if the META could not be used in such way? Or I need any extra configuration or component.  Now our server has installed SAS/ACCESS for db2 and PC files license.

Super User

Re: Can reuse the LIBNAME META statement connection in SQL path-through (Connect using) in SAS 9.3?

Page 70... I'm in on-line doc and can't find this option.

But I think I've heard of it somewhere...

Me guessing here, it seems logical that Libname META is not supported in this scenario, due to the very nature of SQL pass-thru, vs the nature of META libname...

Data never sleeps
New Contributor

Re: Can reuse the LIBNAME META statement connection in SQL path-through (Connect using) in SAS 9.3?

Hi, Linus,
I agree with you. It should be a nature difference between SQL pass-through and META libname, I wanna do a bit of study on this point.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation