BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jan1204
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am doing some work for a company, which has their own Businesss-Portal in which employees can get a lot of information regarding their work. One part of information they need, will be generated by means of SAS and that information will be available within the SAS-Portal (by means of  Stored Process or Web Reports etc.).

What we want to do, is create a link in their Business-Portal, which they can use to enter one of the SAS-Portals, without an additional login.

How can we do this?

Is it possible to add credential-data to an URL? And, if so, what credentials? And what other parameters? I have tried something like the following:

http://server:8080/SASPortal/index.jsp?_sasapp=Information+Delivery+Portal+4.2&_METAPERSON=someone&_...

This does not work. When i use this URL, i still get the LOG-IN window.

4 REPLIES 4
tjpultz
Calcite | Level 5

Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?  I'm at the same point in a SAS BI deployment here at FedEx and while I've been able to achieve prompt less login with the Stored Process server it apparently isn't possible with any of the other application types.  It seems like Web Authentication or a public account are the only solutions.  Have you had any luck?

Quentin
Super User

Hi,

It's certainly possible to pass  &_username and &_password   (PWEncoded) in the URL to stored processes invooked via Stored Process Web App.  I'm surprised that method wouldn't work for Info Development Portal?  For which application are you trying to get it working, IDP, WRS, VA???

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
tjpultz
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I got it to work with the stored process server by using:

/SASStoredProcess/do1?_username=usrid&_password=pswd&_program=mystoredprocess

But there's apparently no way to embed credentials when hitting the SAS Portal via the SAS Login manager.  You're always prompted for a user id and password.  Seems like the only options are to enable unchallenged portal access or to configure web authentication.  I was just wondering what others might have done to solve this problem.

kkhelif
Obsidian | Level 7

We implemented SSO for our IDP environment and it works great. The hardest part is to get your Kerberos settings correct the rest is not a big deal.

hope that helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation