Can anyone help me whats the problem to import my excel file in SAS 9.3?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor pwl
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can anyone help me whats the problem to import my excel file in SAS 9.3?

I have a problem to import my excel data file in SAS program. I try two ways,

1. FILE->IMPORT DATA but I cant find the excel file

2. I create a library and I use the following code but has also error:

PROC IMPORT OUT= final_data DATAFILE= "\C:\Users\pwlina\Desktop\data\final_data.xlsx"

DBMS=EXCELCS REPLACE;

RUN;

Is problem the excel file? Can anyone pls help me whats the problem?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-27-2015 08:15 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Can anyone help me whats the problem to import my excel file in SAS 9.3?

Hi: To use EXCELCS as the DBMS= option, you need a "helper" application called PC File Server. But you only need PC File Server if your SAS is 64 bit and your Office is 32 bit (and a few other circumstances). However, if you have a local copy of PC SAS and you have SAS Access for PC Files, you might try the LIBNAME engine first. But for the best help with this, you might consider opening a track with Tech Support, they can see what you have and what the "bitness" is of what you're running and can make a more pertinent recommendation.

Or, if you are in a time crunch, you can change your data file by saving it as CSV and then reading it with DBMS=CSV.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-27-2015 08:15 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Can anyone help me whats the problem to import my excel file in SAS 9.3?

Hi: To use EXCELCS as the DBMS= option, you need a "helper" application called PC File Server. But you only need PC File Server if your SAS is 64 bit and your Office is 32 bit (and a few other circumstances). However, if you have a local copy of PC SAS and you have SAS Access for PC Files, you might try the LIBNAME engine first. But for the best help with this, you might consider opening a track with Tech Support, they can see what you have and what the "bitness" is of what you're running and can make a more pertinent recommendation.

Or, if you are in a time crunch, you can change your data file by saving it as CSV and then reading it with DBMS=CSV.

cynthia

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation