Can I run event study on SAS university edition? I presume that Eventus is needed to run event study on SAS.

New Contributor

Can I run event study on SAS university edition? I presume that Eventus is needed to run event study on SAS.

Super User

Re: Can I run event study on SAS university edition? I presume that Eventus is needed to run event study on SAS.

Posted in reply to sharifs73

Yes. you can. Event study only need SAS/BASE and SAS/STAT . They are both included in SAS University Edition.

New Contributor

Re: Can I run event study on SAS university edition? I presume that Eventus is needed to run event study on SAS.

Thanks Xia for the help. I am trying to import a file in the SAS environment but encounter a problem, log is shown below, what could be the possible reason (by the way, I am using SAS Studio):

proc import datafile="D:\Documents\Saqib Sharif\20141108IPO_CompanyCode.csv"

44 out=work.event

45 DBMS=csv

46 replace;

47 getnames=no;

48 run;

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to

WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/D:\Documents\Saqib Sharif\20141108IPO_CompanyCode.csv.

ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):

real time 23.18 seconds

cpu time 0.07 seconds

Super User

Posted in reply to sharifs73

Since you are using University Edition. Post it at  University Edition Forum . BTW. the path of excel file is not right for University Edition, you need to setup a special library and put excel file in it .

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation