Bulkloading SAS 9.3 data into SQL Server with SAS running on UNIX

N/A

Bulkloading SAS 9.3 data into SQL Server with SAS running on UNIX

Hi Everyone,

I am currently trying to bulkload SAS 9.3 data into SQL Server using ODBC. Our SAS is running on Sun Solaris 10 (UNIX). According to SAS 41127 - SAS/ACCESS® Interface to Microsoft SQL Server now supports bulk loading, SAS should support bulk loading under Unix when using driver version 7.0.1 or later of the Data Access / SAS Institute ODBC driver. We are currently using driver version 7.1 (S0sqls27.so). I also added EnableBulkLoad=1 in the ODBC.ini file (please find below the ODBC entry):

[appl_db_name]

Driver =/opt/sas/9_3/meta/ODBC/lib/S0sqls27.so

Description= DB_NAME PROD

Address= [address removed]

AnsiNPW=Yes

Database=DB_NAME

LogonID=

Password=

QuotedId=No

CancelOnStatementClose=1

EnableBulkLoad=1

However, I am still receiving the error "ERROR: BCP=/BULKLOAD= option not supported by this datasource." when using bulkload=yes in my libname statement as well as using bulkload=yes on dataset level.

What am I missing? What additional configuration is required for making bulkload work in my environment? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance, kind regards,

Patrick

Contributor

Re: Bulkloading SAS 9.3 data into SQL Server with SAS running on UNIX

Hi Patrick

I am having the same problem.

Using ODBC Driver on SAS9.3 and trying to load data into MSSQL 2014.

I have EnableBulkLoad=1 on my ODBC.ini entry but SAS says that the datasource does not support this option.

Did you manage to find a fix for this?

Kind regds

Len

====Added 13Aug2015====

I found this online (We use SAS Grid 9.3 on Linux Nodes)

The ODBC standard does not directly support SQL Server bulk copy operations.  see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms130792(v=sql.120).aspx

Note:   The Bulk Copy facility is available only when you are accessing Microsoft SQL Server data on Windows platforms.

To use this facility, your installation of Microsoft SQL Server must include the ODBCBCP.DLL file. BULKCOPY= is not available on UNIX.

New Contributor

Please let us know whether bulkload is not available when we have Unix SAS but sql is in Windows
Super User

First, make sure that you are using at least M1 release of 9.3.
Then i think you should contact SAS to have them verify this note and your environment.
Data never sleeps
New Contributor

Thanks for reply on this.

Yes, I do have SAS 9.3 and MS SQL of Standard version.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation