BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Joshg19
Calcite | Level 5

I just took the A00-211 base programming exam and missed the passing mark by 4 questions.  It wasn't until afterward that I realized how many exam questions were online, and I discovered that the entire exam was available through some site for $30.  I had been studying two books for a month in preparation for this exam.  So I was wondering if the second time I take the exam, will the questions basically be the same?  Because I keep seeing the same sample exam questions everywhere I look.  If there is anyone out there who has taken the exam twice that can answer this question, I would really appreciate it.

best,

joshua

11 REPLIES 11
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If you missed by 4 points only then you're very close to pass the test. Going for the test a second time you know now how the questions look like (which also helps) - and that you have to read them carefully and take your time (as there is enough of it).

The exam questions will only be similar but not the same. I would suggest that you concentrate on the areas where you failed and invest a bit more learning time there.

In the end of the day it's about getting the SAS skills. You won't do yourself and others a favor by getting a certification by cheating (and that's what it is if you just learn answers to exam questions without understanding).

One tip: I've observed that in SAS Certs there is always some focus on newly introduced stuff. I assume the SAS Base Cert. is still based on SAS9.2 - so read up for SAS9.2 the What's New section in the docu and look there for new or improved SAS functions (eg. countw() ) and statements. Knowing about this ones should already help you to answer several questions in the exam.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsnew/62580/HTML/default/viewer.htm#lrdictwhatsnew902...

bwasicak
Calcite | Level 5

The practice exams help A L O T.

Good Luck !!!

rowesquared
Calcite | Level 5

I just passed about a week ago, and I found this blog to be very helpful, especially the "Base n" questions.

http://sas-certification-questions.blogspot.com/

Good Luck!

poo
Calcite | Level 5 poo
Calcite | Level 5

Does someone  know from where I can buy practice exams or few more blogs links which have practice questions?

Thanks

SS17
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am completely a novice to SAS and am looking forward to taking SAS Base Certification. What would be the first step? What materials will I need? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

As a complete novice you should first spend time learning SAS before planning to go for the certification. You could start here SAS Tutorials | SAS Training

SS17
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. Could anyone please let me know if I need to buy SAS software or SAS studio is available online??

Tarun
Calcite | Level 5
SAS Studio is available online - I was able to use that and a few of the tools mentioned on this page to complete the exam. Good luck to O.P. on second try - sounds like you are very close! I don't know if you're in the same boat as me, but I hope they revamp these exams to focus more on the concept and less on minor details relating to syntax, as users of Enterprise Guide, for example, are building SAS programs and reports but not necessarily coding daily. This makes these exams much more complicated, when several different views of the same coding solution have slight, unimportant variations that the debugger could help you to correct in just a few seconds. Let's see if enough of us feel this way, perhaps we'll see the exams focus less on exact syntax...
CathyVI
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @Joshg19 

I am planning to take the SAS 9.4 base exam. Please do you have any materials i can study and advice you can give.

Thanks

alin
Calcite | Level 5

https://vceguide.com/which-statement-best-describes-the-output-from-the-submitted-program-2/

check all these 218 Questions I took my exam based on this, hope this is helpful to you. 

CathyVI
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 9 in conversation