BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
steph_t
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently using SAS studio and am wondering whether it is possible to back-transform means and standard errors (and obtain LS means table) after a sqrt transformation.

I know you can use the proc glimmix to do this with log transformed data but is there any way to do this for data transformed differently?

I have used the following code for log backtransformation

Proc glimmix data=file1;
class ANIMAL TREAT;
model NH= TREAT/ link=LOGN;
run;

proc glimmix data=file100;
CLASS ANIMAL TREAT;
MODEL NH= TREAT;
lsmeans treat / cl ilink;
ods select lsmeans;
run;

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
art297
Opal | Level 21

I'm not well (i.e., not-at-all) versed in glmmix, but can't you just use the power(.5) setting with the link option?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

steph_t
Calcite | Level 5

No the ilink function is only for the natural log transformation

art297
Opal | Level 21

I found the following from an older post that suggests otherwise:

"On SAS-L, I replied, and since folks don't always read both, I tried to recover it from the archive:

This looks like an opportunity to use PROC GLIMMIX, and use of the LINK option. For depth LINK=LOG, and for mass LINK=POWER(0.5). Then in the LSMEANS statement, use the ILINK option, and the final values will include the estimates and their standard errors on both the transformed and original scale. The documentation reports that the standard errors on the inverse lined scale are computed by the delta method."

see: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Statistical-Procedures/How-to-back-transform-LSMEAN-standard-erro...

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation