BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I actually thought the HTTPS change was an improvement as it let the BACK button work more reasonably.  It would be better if it the message was more meaningful.  If you cannot fix the message then I agree that rolling back the change is best for now.

Now if you can get the editor screen to behave more naturally to curser keys for navigation and selection would be a big help also.

3 REPLIES 3
reneeharper
SAS Employee

Hey Tom,

Can you help me understand the back button issue that you mention?  What behavior are you seeing and in which browser?

thanks

-Renee

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I usually use Chrome (on Windows XP).  What would happen is after posting if I pressed the back button I would be back to the posting screen, rather than the page I was on before the posting.  And the browser would have a warning message about needed to re-post information.  I could then need to press the back button again to return to the screen I came from.

It did not seem to do this when I posted the message above.  So I am not sure if it is an intermittent issue or if perhaps it has been fixed.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I was able to re-create the issue and it is not really an issue.

After EDITING one of my existing posts if I use the BACK button I am back to editing the post again.  There is no warning message and I can just press BACK again to get past that and back topic.

The error message I remembered is actually from the ancient system used by the SAS-L forum on UGA website.

http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=SAS-L

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation