Automatically recall

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Automatically recall

Hi,

I'm new in SAS and I have a question.

Do there is a way to automatically recall the submit statements?

Do I have EACH way run the recall command or press F4?

Thanks,

Antonio

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-24-2012 09:00 AM
Contributor

Re: Automatically recall

I have changed my F3 Key from submit;

submit;recall;

as showed in the attached picture

Recall.JPG

View solution in original post

All Replies
PROC Star

Automatically recall

If I correctly understand what you are asking, yes, as F4 simply runs the recall command.

Contributor

Automatically recall

May be my question is not clear.

I write a program, I submit the program and it disappear and If I press F4 I can recall back the submit statements.

Do there is a way to AVOID to disappear the stamentes in the program editor when I run them or is it possible to set a kind of option (recall on, recall automatically, something this) that automatically run the F4 for me?

Super User
Super User

Automatically recall

You can assign more than one command to a function key. Use a semi-colon between the command, just like in SAS programs.

Use the KEYS command to assign the commands to function keys (and other special keys).

You can also highlight part of the code and submit it, but in that case you would not want to add the recall as you will end up with mulitple copies of the submitted block of code.

You might want to learn how to use the SUBTOP command.  I find this is a better way to work thorugh debugging a program.

PROC Star

Automatically recall

I've never confronted that particular behavior.  When I run SAS, and I always use the enhanced editor, the code in the editor doesn't disappear.  Are you using the editor or the enhanced editor.  Is there possibly a clear command imbedded in the statement that is called when you click on run?  You might find some things to look for at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/63285/HTML/default/viewer.htm#customizing.htm

Super User

Automatically recall

If this is happening in the enhanced editor go to Tools> Options > Enhanced Editor. On the General tab you should find a check box next to "Clear text on submit". Uncheck it if it is currently checked.

Using the "classic" editor the approach I used to use involved putting a statement in the code:

DM PROGRAM "RECALL";

Solution
‎02-24-2012 09:00 AM
Contributor

Re: Automatically recall

I have changed my F3 Key from submit;

submit;recall;

as showed in the attached picture

Recall.JPG
🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation