BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
whijazi
Calcite | Level 5

g

Hello All,

I would like to auotmate the review of Log files. I have a bunch of Log files and I would like to create SAS code that would comb through them and produce an output that would contain all Lines that contain errors or warning and if it does it would produce a message stating that there are no errors or warnings. Any ideas?

thanks,

Will

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

You can search the forum as this topic comes up periodically.

Also, please post a topic in only one part of the forum. If it fits better someone will suggest or move the post for you sometimes.

whijazi
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry about that, I am new to the forum, and to programming in fact. I posted the question under the procedure section and I got back a forbidden message and I thought that I had to post it in the communities section. I tried to search the forum but I might have been searching in the wrong section. I'll try again. thank you for your help and support while I learn how to navigate this forum. 

Quentin
Super User

If you go to lexjansen.com you can search for papers written by other SAS users.  My favorite log checking paper is this one:

http://www.lexjansen.com/nesug/nesug01/cc/cc4008.pdf

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
whijazi
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the source! Ill review the article, but from the title it sounds to be exactly what I need!

kaji
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I found a pretty cool add-in to Base SAS on www.tatesoft.com that may be very usefull to you. The tool called Log Analyser is integrated into Base SAS and can produce Log summary report in a second. You may also analyse log in details if you wish. Really great tool!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation