BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jens_vollstedt
Calcite | Level 5

Hallo there,

I just started using base sas 9.4 and is wondering why the auto complete does not show up as e.g. in sas Studio. I hope you guys can tell me how to activate it.

thanks in advance

Jens

7 REPLIES 7
kaade
SAS Employee

Jens,

Are you using SAS Studio or the SAS Windowing environment?

In the SAS windowing environment, there isn't an autocomplete feature.

It should be available in SAS Studio.

Jens_vollstedt
Calcite | Level 5

Hello again

I am not sure what you mean by 'SAS windowing envisonment'. However, is used SAS studio in class but replaced it with sas 9.4. I have attached a picture of it. 

Clip1.PNG

kaade
SAS Employee

What you have pictured is what is known as the SAS Windowing environment. It's different from SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio.

There is not an autocomplete feature for what you have shown.

jlstiles
Calcite | Level 5

Why oh why would that not be an option for a desktop application?  What a huge remission...

Quentin
Super User

Because display manager is really really old. : )  Rather than keep investing in it, SAS decided to develop new IDE's (Enterprise Guide and Studio).

The good news is, if you like studio, you should be able to use it as an interface to your local PC SAS.  I'm pretty sure Studio comes free as part of the SAS/BASE license.  The last time I installed PC SAS, there were options to choose which development evironments/interfaces you want to install.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
jlstiles
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, SAS 9.4 is already installed on my PC but it's not the Studio interface.  I suppose I must re-install?  I cannot understand why SAS would have two interfaces, one of which is clearly inferior and then not make the better one a default. Poor play.   

Quentin
Super User
If you rerun the installer you should see an option to install studio. It won’t need to re-install all of SAS, so should be fairly quick. Depending on your setup, it could be a corporate decision as to what is installed by default. Companies can design their own installation depot and install scripts. If you don’t see Studio as an option when you run the installer, I would ask your local software folks. If you can’t find them, you can call SAS tech support and they can tell you who your local site rep is.

—Q.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 in conversation