Are SAS System Options being asked in SAS Base Certification?

Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I am confused between default values of SAS Systems Options. For example -

VALIDVARNAME , YEARCUTOFF

As per SAS ecourse Programming 1: Essentials  and also SAS Documentaion, they say V7 is default value . However when I executed below program in SAS studio, I found ANY as Default value for Validvarname.

Also for YEARCUTOFF, I read it was 1920 as default value. But while in SAS studio it says 1926

Proc options;

run;

Output (Partial) :

VALIDMEMNAME=COMPAT

Specifies the rules for naming SAS data sets, SAS data views, and item stores.

VALIDVARNAME=ANY Specifies the rules for valid SAS variable names that can be created and processed during a SAS session.

VARINITCHK=NOTE Specifies the type of message to write to the SAS log when a variable is not initialized.

VARLENCHK=WARN Specifies the type of message to write to the SAS log when the length of the variable that is being read is

longer than the length that is defined for the variable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORKTERM Erases the Work files when SAS terminates.

YEARCUTOFF=1926 Specifies the first year of a 100-year span that is used by date informats and functions to read a two-digit

year.

_LAST_=_NULL_ Specifies the most recently created data set.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation